Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my note disappeared from my iPhone. notes are backed up on iCloud but I can't find the missing note in recently deleted file or on iCloud. is it possible to recover this missing note?

a note disappeared from my iPhone. its not in recently deleted file or in iCloud. my notes were backed up in iCloud. how can I recover this note?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 6:56 AM

Ugh…same for my notes. I did NOT delete anything from my notes file and yet, they’re completely empty and I cannot even see a “recently deleted” tab to check! I certainly hope this is yet another Apple bug! Please fix asap!!

14 replies

Jul 2, 2022 11:43 PM in response to curious1968

This also happened to me today. I realized some of my notes were missing, so I checked my iCloud and found the missing notes in the Recently Deleted folder even though I did not delete them. But when I started recovering the notes, they suddenly disappeared. Now the missing notes from my iPhone that I found on my iCloud are also missing from my iCloud. I'm so confused. I also just realized now that the missing notes are the ones that are locked. Can somebody help? Thanks!

Jul 13, 2022 10:46 PM in response to devrafx

Same, devrafx! I have no idea where all of my notes went. I'm pretty sure all of them were still in my Notes app a day ago, but now they are like completely wiped out. Disappeared into thin air. My iOS is up to date as well, 15.5. I've tried restarting my phone twice and still, there's nothing.

I hope this is a bug that can soon be fixed. I'm certain I didn't touch any delete button on any of my notes.

Hopefully an expert reaches out regarding this matter as soon as possible. Thanks

Sep 13, 2022 6:28 AM in response to SravanKrA

I had the same issue. Only one of my many Notes disappeared. I did not delete it. If I had deleted it mistakenly, it would have gone into the Recently Deleted folder, but there was nothing there. I looked on my ipad that was not connected to a network and could still see the Note that was lost, but as soon as my ipad automatically connected to a network, the Note disappeared. It may be worth pointing out it was my largest note - could size have been an issue?

my note disappeared from my iPhone. notes are backed up on iCloud but I can't find the missing note in recently deleted file or on iCloud. is it possible to recover this missing note?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.