Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Move to iOS" to transfer without erasing my iPhone 13 Pro

I used "Move to iOS" to transfer from my android. It failed 3 times for contacts, photos, and texts. Since this took my phone off line for nearly 15 hours I had to live with it and have been limping along with the new phone.

Now I have triple contacts, only some text, and only some photos on the iPhone. I also have a ton of data that I created on the iPhone so can not re-set or erase what is there now.

How do I re-run Move to iOS just for photos and text without erasing my iPhone? (I have No intention of upgrading to a big i cloud!!) all I really need is a code but I don't know how to get it.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 12:06 PM

You can’t transfer text messages without erasing your phone and rerunning Move to iOS. If your photos from your Android were in Google Photos you can add the Google Photos app to your phone and sync from it.

Contacts don’t transfer in Move to iOS, as contacts sync to email accounts. If you add the same email account(s) you had on the Android the contacts will be part of the email account setup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 12:06 PM in response to Paragadgets

You can’t transfer text messages without erasing your phone and rerunning Move to iOS. If your photos from your Android were in Google Photos you can add the Google Photos app to your phone and sync from it.

Contacts don’t transfer in Move to iOS, as contacts sync to email accounts. If you add the same email account(s) you had on the Android the contacts will be part of the email account setup.

"Move to iOS" to transfer without erasing my iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.