Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my husband share my. iCloud storage but I can't share his?

Can you not set up family sharing to go both ways? So I can share my husbands storage (he has 1TB)? It only shows he can share my storage?

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 4:13 PM

Hi,

iCloud+ storage, shared via a family plan, is available to all invited family members. Regardless of your status as an organizer or participant, all members have access to the same storage pool.

If you see a different amount of storage available than your husband, try signing in and out of your iCloud account to refresh your storage quota, and be sure to check for the latest updates to iOS/Mac OS on your devices. Your husband should likely do the same as any other participants in your family plan.

Below are links to Apple knowledge base articles to help you with iCloud+ Family Plan setup and troubleshooting.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 4:13 PM in response to storagejulie

Hi,

iCloud+ storage, shared via a family plan, is available to all invited family members. Regardless of your status as an organizer or participant, all members have access to the same storage pool.

If you see a different amount of storage available than your husband, try signing in and out of your iCloud account to refresh your storage quota, and be sure to check for the latest updates to iOS/Mac OS on your devices. Your husband should likely do the same as any other participants in your family plan.

Below are links to Apple knowledge base articles to help you with iCloud+ Family Plan setup and troubleshooting.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Why does my husband share my. iCloud storage but I can't share his?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.