Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 mini gets too hot to hold

When using the iPhone 13 mini to browse using Safari while connected on an LTE network, the mini got very hot to hold, so hot that I shut the phone down.

This phone was just 3 days old when this first occurred and has happened twice so far.

What is going on with the phone?

the phone is encased in the Apple-branded clear MagSafe case.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 4:09 PM

Read 👉🏼 iPhone too hot?

iPhone User Guide. 

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 3, 2022 7:09 AM in response to Smilin-Brian

Apple just released iOS 15.4.1 to correct “battery issues” among other things. I suspect the overheating was related to some iOS software process making the processor chip run constantly, generating heat and discharging the battery.

I installed 15.4.1 this morning. I’m sure this was the issue.

thanks again for your help Smilin’.

joe c.

May 11, 2022 2:17 PM in response to KaiyaLee

I haven’t noticed the overheating problem as much. It may have been related to all of my data being downloaded from the iCloud backup when I first activated the phone.

The only time I notice the overheating is when the display is on maximum brightness and I’m using the phone outside in direct sunlight.

The phone is always warm to the touch, but not hot as it was when first activated.

What have you found in your experience with overheating? What uses seem to make your phone too hot?

joe c.

iPhone 13 mini gets too hot to hold

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.