Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic notifications from community apps (when they are turned off)

Once I've set up my first MacBook I've installed community apps like messenger and WhatsApp.

I've received hint from macOS that I can save some battery energy once I'll switch off automatic checking for new messages when app is turned off.

I would like to bring it back, that notifications from messenger and WhatsApp will be refreshed automatically when app are turned off.

PS few days ago I've installed Twitter and from this app I'm receiving notifications when the app is turned off. In the system preferences -> notifications all settings for twitter, messenger and WhatsApp are set the same.

Thank you in advance for replies!!:)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 8:16 AM

Hello there trawa331,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, are you referring to the third-party Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp app? If so, you'd have to adjust the settings you're referring to in the App Preferences for each specific app. Those settings are unique to each app as they were created by the app developer.

For some apps, you may just need to make sure the app is set to open automatically when you start your Mac: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

You can locate the Preferences for a particular app by clicking on the name of the app next to the Apple logo up in the top left corner. Look for any related settings there for the behavior that you're describing.

If you're not able to locate the setting you're looking for, contact the app developer for more information specific to the the app they have created.

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 8:16 AM in response to trawa331

Hello there trawa331,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, are you referring to the third-party Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp app? If so, you'd have to adjust the settings you're referring to in the App Preferences for each specific app. Those settings are unique to each app as they were created by the app developer.

For some apps, you may just need to make sure the app is set to open automatically when you start your Mac: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

You can locate the Preferences for a particular app by clicking on the name of the app next to the Apple logo up in the top left corner. Look for any related settings there for the behavior that you're describing.

If you're not able to locate the setting you're looking for, contact the app developer for more information specific to the the app they have created.

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Automatic notifications from community apps (when they are turned off)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.