Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the short cut on OS for spelling in which you type the first letter and below lists alphabetically more words; and with each new letter, the list of options shorten

What is the short cut on OS for spelling in which you type the first letter and below lists alphabetically more words; and with each new letter, the list of options shorten

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 5:26 AM

F5 or Fn F5, if this box in unchecked in System Preferences > Keyboard:

7 replies

Apr 3, 2022 5:27 AM in response to dialabrain

When I got up this morning, I powered up the iMac running Mojave and the option+ESC worked for word completion in Apple applications. Later, when I signed into Big Sur 11.6.5, the option+ESC did not work, but shift+option+ESC worked for word completion in TextEdit — even though the Edit menu in TextEdit still shows option+ESC for completion. I could not find any shortcut that performed word completion in Pages v11.2. What a mess…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.