Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I add a device to my account

I have 2 iMacs for my kids, 1 is connected to my account, but the other is not showing? how do I find it ????

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 8:48 AM

Please refer to View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

You may have some older devices that you never removed. Please remember when you are getting rid of a device (sell, trade-in, etc...) to remove it from your account. For example if you have a Mac to remove follow the instructions in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac or Apple Watch What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else etc...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 8:48 AM in response to nicolle85

Please refer to View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

You may have some older devices that you never removed. Please remember when you are getting rid of a device (sell, trade-in, etc...) to remove it from your account. For example if you have a Mac to remove follow the instructions in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac or Apple Watch What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else etc...

why can't I add a device to my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.