Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open photos in iMovie and go up to albums not all my albums in the photos app show up.

When I open photos in iMovie and go up to albums not all my albums in the photos app show up.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 3:23 PM

Make sure that you have clicked on the All My Albums item to the right of the Albums selection. It looks grayed out, but no matter. That should get you all of your albums.

Also, iMovie will only reference media that is in your system photos app library. So if some of your albums are located in other Photos app libraries then those would not show up.

{Edit} Further, media that is in the cloud, such as if using iCloud Photos with optimized storage selected, would not show up. Such media would need to be downloaded first.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 3:23 PM in response to oconnorrwxu

Make sure that you have clicked on the All My Albums item to the right of the Albums selection. It looks grayed out, but no matter. That should get you all of your albums.

Also, iMovie will only reference media that is in your system photos app library. So if some of your albums are located in other Photos app libraries then those would not show up.

{Edit} Further, media that is in the cloud, such as if using iCloud Photos with optimized storage selected, would not show up. Such media would need to be downloaded first.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.