Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mass login computers from Remote Desktop

I need to know how to login a selected amount of computers with our admin login through remote desktop. I imagine a terminal command can be written but don't have enough knowledge to figure it out. If anyone knows how or an idea how let me know.

ALl machines running 10.6.4

Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Aug 9, 2010 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2010 12:47 PM

Try sending this script via the Send UNIX Command option:

osascript <<EOF
tell application "System Events"
keystroke "<username>"
keystroke tab
delay 0.5
keystroke "<password>"
delay 0.5
keystroke return
keystroke return
end tell
EOF

You'll need to enter "root" in the Send Command As field and replace the items in the quote marks with the appropriate user name and password, of course (remove the brackets as well). I haven't tested this script with 10.6 so if it doesn't work as is, try removing the extra "keystroke return" line at the end.

Regards.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2010 12:47 PM in response to Community User

Try sending this script via the Send UNIX Command option:

osascript <<EOF
tell application "System Events"
keystroke "<username>"
keystroke tab
delay 0.5
keystroke "<password>"
delay 0.5
keystroke return
keystroke return
end tell
EOF

You'll need to enter "root" in the Send Command As field and replace the items in the quote marks with the appropriate user name and password, of course (remove the brackets as well). I haven't tested this script with 10.6 so if it doesn't work as is, try removing the extra "keystroke return" line at the end.

Regards.

Mass login computers from Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.