Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Laptop

I have lost my lost my laptop but have the serial number of it. The finder is not turned on on it. Is there a way I can find out where it is?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 2:44 PM

NoraNiMh Said:

"Lost Laptop: I have lost my lost my laptop but have the serial number of it. The finder is not turned on on it. Is there a way I can find out where it is?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost Device:

Secure your Account:

Having Been Lost, Do Two Things:

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having been lost, someone likey has your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them, starting with a new password.

C. Locating This:

Note that the location is the last place it had an IP Address. So, if at a library, contact it, asking them if it was handed in, and if the have it sitting aside. If using a third-party app (i.e. LoJack by Absolute Software), then log in to that site, seeing if you can locate it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 2:44 PM in response to NoraNiMh

NoraNiMh Said:

"Lost Laptop: I have lost my lost my laptop but have the serial number of it. The finder is not turned on on it. Is there a way I can find out where it is?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost Device:

Secure your Account:

Having Been Lost, Do Two Things:

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having been lost, someone likey has your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them, starting with a new password.

C. Locating This:

Note that the location is the last place it had an IP Address. So, if at a library, contact it, asking them if it was handed in, and if the have it sitting aside. If using a third-party app (i.e. LoJack by Absolute Software), then log in to that site, seeing if you can locate it.

Lost Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.