Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro to OS 15.4.1 and no apps work

Updated my iPhone 13 Pro to OS 15.4.1 and no apps work, they spin, freeze/shutdown. This is including Apple’s AppStore for downloading and updating apps. Apple App Store states can’t connect. Phone 13 Pro works for calling though.

FYI: my mobile smart phone worked fine before the update and all apps (including Apple App Store) worked great.

Furthermore, this involves both, using my service carrier’s unlimited data plan as well as connected to WiFi or Hotspot. Also, my iPad Pro and my old iPhone 7, - which I did not update because of this issue work fine. I never expected this as all OS updates prior worked fine

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 3:25 PM

I found it. It’s a VPN option in the iPhone settings. The VPN app kept spinning and freezing too and it’s up to date (before OS update) also.

The fix: In the iPhone Settings, when I selected Don’t auto connect VPN, the apps and App Store started to work again. Strange this occurred immediately after the OS 15.4.1 update though

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 3:25 PM in response to Szak528

I found it. It’s a VPN option in the iPhone settings. The VPN app kept spinning and freezing too and it’s up to date (before OS update) also.

The fix: In the iPhone Settings, when I selected Don’t auto connect VPN, the apps and App Store started to work again. Strange this occurred immediately after the OS 15.4.1 update though

Apr 3, 2022 2:52 PM in response to Szak528

1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Reset The Network Settings by opening Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Transfer & Reset ➡️ Reset ➡️ Reset Network Settings: Note that you will have to re-enter the password(s) to your Wi-Fi Network.

Axel F.

iPhone 13 Pro to OS 15.4.1 and no apps work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.