Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods and phone calls

when i make or answer a phone call wearing my airpods i can hear the call but the caller can’t hear me. The microphone component seems to not be working. They have never worked from new

I have forgotten the device and reconnected a dozen times with no success.

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro running 15.3.1 and using airpods model A1523 version 6.8.8

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 4:56 PM

Hi!

First, you should re-try to reset the AirPods using the following method: plugging the AirPods to a wired charger, opening the case and hold for about 15 seconds until the light flashes white. Then try reconnecting the AirPods to the device. For the best experience, you should also update the iPhone to the latest version of iOS. Second, check the microphone settings by going to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods and making sure the microphone setting is on “automatic”. If this does not work, you might want to contact Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 4:56 PM in response to Perthshadoe

Hi!

First, you should re-try to reset the AirPods using the following method: plugging the AirPods to a wired charger, opening the case and hold for about 15 seconds until the light flashes white. Then try reconnecting the AirPods to the device. For the best experience, you should also update the iPhone to the latest version of iOS. Second, check the microphone settings by going to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods and making sure the microphone setting is on “automatic”. If this does not work, you might want to contact Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

Airpods and phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.