Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer song Star Rating from "iTunes" to "Music"

Hello. I have a library with thousands of songs in "iTunes" and I have assigned each a start rating. My new computer is using Monterey (OS 12.0.1). I have been able to transfer my song library into "Music", but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer the star rating I had assigned to each of the songs into "Music". Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you for your time.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 12:21 PM

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community. When the library is moved this way, and Music is used to access an iTunes Library.itl file, rather than you simply importing songs into an empty library, then you should get all of the other metadata from the library, ratings, play counts, playlists, etc.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2022 12:21 PM in response to GET2022

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community. When the library is moved this way, and Music is used to access an iTunes Library.itl file, rather than you simply importing songs into an empty library, then you should get all of the other metadata from the library, ratings, play counts, playlists, etc.

tt2

Transfer song Star Rating from "iTunes" to "Music"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.