Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a thumb drive on my iPad Mini.

My iPad mini is the latest version, running the most recent iOS Can I plug a USB-C thumb drive with it?

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 7:58 AM

Greetings alansnap,

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with this question! You can connect USB-C accessories such as a thumb drive or external storage to your new iPad mini as outlined in the section "Connect to other devices" of the following article.

Charge and connect with the USB-C port on your iPad

You can find additional steps on how to connect and access the data on an external storage device via the link below.

Connect external storage devices to iPad

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 7:58 AM in response to alansnap

Greetings alansnap,

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with this question! You can connect USB-C accessories such as a thumb drive or external storage to your new iPad mini as outlined in the section "Connect to other devices" of the following article.

Charge and connect with the USB-C port on your iPad

You can find additional steps on how to connect and access the data on an external storage device via the link below.

Connect external storage devices to iPad

Take care!

Can I use a thumb drive on my iPad Mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.