Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote data table

In keynote in on of my presentation the data table of the diagram doesn't show up when I move the mouse pointer as it does with all other presentations

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 1:56 PM

The object you have selected is a PDF file which is an image file, it is not a Keynote chart and can't be edited.

If you are certain a chart was placed on the slide, try reverting the file; go to: File > Revert to > Browse all versions

see this page from the User Guide which explains Revert:

Restore an earlier presentation version in Keynote on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 1:56 PM in response to jwboecker

The object you have selected is a PDF file which is an image file, it is not a Keynote chart and can't be edited.

If you are certain a chart was placed on the slide, try reverting the file; go to: File > Revert to > Browse all versions

see this page from the User Guide which explains Revert:

Restore an earlier presentation version in Keynote on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Apr 5, 2022 5:35 AM in response to jwboecker

I don't understand how these is a mask applied to a chart on a Keynote slide

Can you post a screenshot showing the slide and this "mask"?

See the help page here: How to take a Screenshot on your Mac: Take a screenshot on your Mac – Apple Support (UK)

In the meantime as a work around, add a new slide, place a chart on the slide and change the data using the Edit Chart Data button.

Keynote data table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.