Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder search not working

Finder search not working well enough on new MacBook Pro 14-in with M1 Pro chip. In over 30 years I have never seen this. I cannot effectively search my computer for files. I have had to either a particular file open recently or have it less nested in folders. Moving a file out on the desktop allows system to find it. It appears an issue of depth of folder nesting, the search functions on Finder and Spotlight only work a couple of folders deep? This needs to be fixed!!!

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 8:00 AM

JS59Apple wrote:

Finder search not working well enough on new MacBook Pro 14-in with M1 Pro chip. In over 30 years I have never seen this. I cannot effectively search my computer for files. I have had to either a particular file open recently or have it less nested in folders. Moving a file out on the desktop allows system to find it. It appears an issue of depth of folder nesting, the search functions on Finder and Spotlight only work a couple of folders deep? This needs to be fixed!!!

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 8:00 AM in response to JS59Apple

JS59Apple wrote:

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Finder search not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.