Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting emails across all Mac devices

Hi - I have an iPhone X, iPad Pro 12.8 and an iMac M1 Monterey 12.0.1 - when I delete emails on my iPad or iPhone -they immediately delete on the other. Unfortunately, this is not the case on my iMac - I still need to go through all my emails and delete. How do I sync them all? Thanks!

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:26 AM

Santina11 wrote:

Hi - I have an iPhone X, iPad Pro 12.8 and an iMac M1 Monterey 12.0.1 - when I delete emails on my iPad or iPhone -they immediately delete on the other. Unfortunately, this is not the case on my iMac - I still need to go through all my emails and delete. How do I sync them all? Thanks!

hmm...

Do you have the iMac set up as IMAP as well...?

check >System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

You can try signing out of iCloud and back in again:

Sign out of iCloud Mac

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign into iCloud

Sign in and use iCloud.com - Apple Support

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

• POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

• "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 9:26 AM in response to Santina11

Santina11 wrote:

hmm...

Do you have the iMac set up as IMAP as well...?

check >System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

You can try signing out of iCloud and back in again:

Sign out of iCloud Mac

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign into iCloud

Sign in and use iCloud.com - Apple Support

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

• POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

• "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Deleting emails across all Mac devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.