Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this owner’s password I need to access my documents in order to save them

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 7:34 AM

The problem appears to be with the type of device you're using to fill out the form.

I located the official U.S. gov page this form is on:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-9-paper-version.pdf

It is secured, but everything is open except for extracting page content.

Trying it on both my 2022 iPhone SE and Mac Mini, I had no issues at all filling out the form within Safari on the Mac, or opening it in a PDF editor. From the iPhone, though, I couldn't do anything with it. Not even after following their link for what is supposed to be a mobile version of the file.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 7:34 AM in response to Jreed9878

The problem appears to be with the type of device you're using to fill out the form.

I located the official U.S. gov page this form is on:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-9-paper-version.pdf

It is secured, but everything is open except for extracting page content.

Trying it on both my 2022 iPhone SE and Mac Mini, I had no issues at all filling out the form within Safari on the Mac, or opening it in a PDF editor. From the iPhone, though, I couldn't do anything with it. Not even after following their link for what is supposed to be a mobile version of the file.

May 22, 2022 12:53 AM in response to Kurt Lang

I have exactly the same problem and go crazy!

I had this issue with 2 different .pdf sources one also was one from the government (Australia).

Every time I save the file it does ask me for the owner password which is definitely non of mine!

I tried it on my phone and the mac (in both cases, I downloaded the file from the original homepage.

The exactly same files on my wife's laptop, downloaded from the same source don't have that problem that a password need to be entered...

In my opinion it's either a setting I don't know, can't find or some sort of bug.

The help function in review is also useless as well as all the forums I looked through...

Can anyone help?

What is this owner’s password I need to access my documents in order to save them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.