Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tabs in Safari keep going back to the previous tab when I press on a link or open something within a tab.

Randomly, my MacBook Pro undoes an action I do whenever I open an email or press on a link it sort of refreshes the screen and stays on the previous page. This happens somewhat frequently and its been bothering me as sometimes I need to press on the link again after it clearly shows that its opening the link I pressed on. This also isn't a network problem as I've tried this in different places with different WiFi connections. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:14 AM

Surbin wrote:

Randomly, my MacBook Pro undoes an action I do whenever I open an email or press on a link it sort of refreshes the screen and stays on the previous page. This happens somewhat frequently and its been bothering me as sometimes I need to press on the link again after it clearly shows that its opening the link I pressed on. This also isn't a network problem as I've tried this in different places with different WiFi connections. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time!

Did you try making changes to your Safari Preferences...?

Change Tabs preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 9:14 AM in response to Surbin

Surbin wrote:

Did you try making changes to your Safari Preferences...?

Change Tabs preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Tabs in Safari keep going back to the previous tab when I press on a link or open something within a tab.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.