Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages not showing up on iPad

Yesterday, apparently out of the blue, my iPad has stopped receiving text messages. I️ don’t think I️ have done anything differently and have checked everything I️ can think of, but no deal. Help!

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:52 AM

Assuming that both your iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, verify these settings…

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

If settings are expected, a forced-restart of both devices may be beneficial:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 5:52 AM in response to evalley

Assuming that both your iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, verify these settings…

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

If settings are expected, a forced-restart of both devices may be beneficial:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Text messages not showing up on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.