Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best software upgrade for my macbook pro 13" mid 2010?

What is the best software update for my 13" mid 2010 macbook pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 6:15 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2022 6:43 AM in response to Sar_mac_help

Your MBP will be maxed out at High Sierra. Even if you wanted to, Apple will not allow you to install any higher version.

I have a Late 2011 MBP which is also maxed out at High Sierra 10.13.x. Apple does this for numerous reasons, but mostly due to hardware limitations. The OS will not run optimally on the older hardware. Expanding your RAM and storage space will not get you past that hardware limitation. Nothing you can upgrade as an end-user will get you past the limitation.

If you are looking to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.x, you should be able to do so.

See How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

May 4, 2022 8:51 PM in response to Niel

Hi. I have looked at the system requirements for my Macbook Pro 2010, and it looks like I should be able to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra and possibly one more, but it says it doesn't meet the system requirements. We recently upgraded the RAM (I think) so it has 8GB and theres 170 GB available in terms of memory generally. The system is Mac Os X 10.12.6 currently. It would be so helpful if I could get this to work! I need to get it to 10.13 in order for some other software to work... so close!

What is the best software upgrade for my macbook pro 13" mid 2010?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.