Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to leave family sharing without an apple device i.e. on a windows computer

How to leave family sharing, or remove a family member, *without* an apple device, i.e. on a windows computer. The support instructions on the apple support only describes how to do it with an apple device.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 11:24 AM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2022 10:17 AM in response to stcarpen

Hi stcarpen,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. An Apple device would be needed to manage a Family Sharing group. It looks like you've already seen the resource below, but if you're unable to remove yourself, you can find the steps to have someone else remove you there too.

See how here:

The family organizer can remove anyone age 13 or older* from the family group. If you need to, you can transfer a child to another family.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
  3. Tap the name of the family member that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Remove [your family member's name] From Family.
  5. iPhone showing Remove Karina from Family.

On your Mac

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing.
  2. Click Details next to the name of the family member that you want to remove.
  3. Click Remove from Family Sharing.

Mac showing the Remove from Family Sharing button for Karina Cavanna.

If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences > iCloud, then click Manage Family. Click the name of the family member that you want to remove, then click the Remove (—) button in the bottom-left corner.

See more on that here: Leave Family Sharing

Thanks

how to leave family sharing without an apple device i.e. on a windows computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.