Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card iPad

Why was there no SIM card in my iPad?... I know I have cell service- I just used it successfully yesterday!

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.3

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 12:55 PM

Some iPad models have eSIM. See the following from iPad + Cellular - Apple

Not all carriers support Apple SIM and eSIM. See your carrier for more details. Not available in China mainland. The eSIM technology works with iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st generation or later), iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad (7th generation or later), and iPad mini (5th and 6th generation). Apple SIM works with iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (1st and 2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7‑inch, iPad Pro 10.5‑inch, iPad (5th and 6th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 4.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 12:55 PM in response to timgriffith

Some iPad models have eSIM. See the following from iPad + Cellular - Apple

Not all carriers support Apple SIM and eSIM. See your carrier for more details. Not available in China mainland. The eSIM technology works with iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st generation or later), iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad (7th generation or later), and iPad mini (5th and 6th generation). Apple SIM works with iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (1st and 2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7‑inch, iPad Pro 10.5‑inch, iPad (5th and 6th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 4.

SIM card iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.