Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring files

Years ago I transferred some Word docs from an iMac using Mac OS 8.1 to an iMac using OS X 10.3.9 through a router using a couple of Ethernet cables. I've forgotten how I did this and wanted to ask if anyone could provide some suggestions.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 2:20 PM

The easiest method may be simply setting up iCloud if both machines are on the same Apple ID. You can use iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud.

However if they are on separate Apple ID's then you can either use File Sharing ( How to connect with File Sharing on your Mac ) or you could simply copy the files to a flash drive and then put the flash drive in the Mac you want to transfer to and copy them over.

There really is no need to set up cabling and go to a lot of trouble.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 2:20 PM in response to Michael_Seven

The easiest method may be simply setting up iCloud if both machines are on the same Apple ID. You can use iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud.

However if they are on separate Apple ID's then you can either use File Sharing ( How to connect with File Sharing on your Mac ) or you could simply copy the files to a flash drive and then put the flash drive in the Mac you want to transfer to and copy them over.

There really is no need to set up cabling and go to a lot of trouble.

Transferring files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.