Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 iPad Entry

Has anyone of you been targeted by theprizehut.com

with a scam that states for a $1 shipping fee you will receive an iPad Pro with a Magic Keyboard? A text was sent to me to do a survey on

the internet service I receive through Suddenlink.com and that if I answered the survey

questions, they would send me this iPad Pro, etc.

There was a phone number and a email address in case of any questions I might have. Of course, they are both bogus. Not only that but in small writing in a place my eyes missed was a box with a checkmark agreeing that if I didn't

cancel my subscription for a fitness app, they will automatically

bill me each month for $9.99. Yea, turns out this is an agreement for a fitness app. And it's a sweepstakes, not a guarantee of receiving anything. The money they drew off my debit card was to pay for shipping and I have 7 days in which to cancel this scam.

Do any of you have any idea how I can get myself out of this

situation especially since they've provided false contact information?

If you think of anything that I can do to help myself, I will appreciate

you telling me.

Theresa D. 🤔

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 4:48 PM

Contact your bank and tell them what happened and cancel the debit card and have them issue you a new one.

2 replies

2021 iPad Entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.