Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade my iMac SierraOS 12.6

How can I upgrade my iMac Sierra OS 12.6 please help as our new printer is not compatible

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:48 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and depending on which iMac model you have, then on the download link for High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. If you get a Mac App Store preview page, change the https at the beginning of its address to macappstore.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To look other programs up, click here.

(216711)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 6:48 AM in response to Leeandsue

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, click here, and depending on which iMac model you have, then on the download link for High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. If you get a Mac App Store preview page, change the https at the beginning of its address to macappstore.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To look other programs up, click here.

(216711)

Apr 6, 2022 2:16 PM in response to Leeandsue

Hi,

Sometimes, a printer manufacturer may mention a higher operating system version in the system requirements than actually needed for printing. The reason for this could be that extra software is provided, for example, for setup, ink management, and similar purposes. This means that it may or may not be possible to add a certain printer manually without upgrading an older operating system. If you post the printer make and exact model, we could check whether there may be a workaround.

upgrade my iMac SierraOS 12.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.