Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New computer, bluetooth mouse. How to navigate setup, including mouse?

Have a Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac. Just got the new Mac Studio and not certain how to navigate setup without a wired mouse. Have to install the Logitech software to get the thing going and not sure how to navigate to that site and install it on new Mac. I expect I'm going to have to purchase a wired mouse?

Have a USB-connected keyboard, but no such mouse.

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 10:22 AM

My experience is the same as Grant', that is the basic functions of a bluetooth mouse will work w/o any special software.

My Studio shouod arrive today and I plan on setting it up w/Logitech K760 KB and G603 mouse (in BT mode).

10 replies

Apr 6, 2022 9:46 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank you for your response.

I contacted folks at Logitech and they said I'd need a wired mouse to do the setup. I'm not understanding how the Logitech MX Master 3 mouse would connect to the Mac Studio without the required software. Never hurts to have a wired mouse and keyboard anyhow. I'm curious about what you've stated above and will try it before I resort to the wired mouse just for grins.

Apr 6, 2022 4:55 PM in response to lllaass

Was not successful connecting either the Logitech K760 KB and G603 mouse (in BT mode) during initial startup. Had to use an old Apple wired KB and the Logitech mouse in wireless dongle mode. Once setup the Logitech devices connected with help of an Magic mouse since the Logitech could not click connect when only in BT mode.

Also, during initial migration during setup the progress stopped with 17 minutes left and ~250,000 documents transferred. Migration was fast since i had my 2013 NVMe startup disk in USB-C enclosure connected directly to the Studio.

Redid migration after initial setup and it went well with no problems.

Right now the Studio is update to 12.3.1. Must faster update than when I did it on my 2013 MP.

New computer, bluetooth mouse. How to navigate setup, including mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.