Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a large document in PAGES I need to break it into two sections The first section is small and does not need page number. However the second section is nearly 300 pages and does need page numbers. How do I add page number in PAGES

I have a large document in PAGES I need to break it into two sections The first section is small and does not need page number. However the second section is nearly 300 pages and does need page numbers. How do I add page number in PAGES

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:40 PM

Hi!

To put different headers and footers, first create two sections (at the top). Then, in the Document tab, deselect the option for the same headers and footers in different sections. Now, in the second section, at the numbering to the header or footer of the page by selecting it and clicking insert page number. This will automatically be repeated on in the document section.

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 6:40 PM in response to coacholey45

Hi!

To put different headers and footers, first create two sections (at the top). Then, in the Document tab, deselect the option for the same headers and footers in different sections. Now, in the second section, at the numbering to the header or footer of the page by selecting it and clicking insert page number. This will automatically be repeated on in the document section.

Hope this helps!

Apr 6, 2022 7:16 PM in response to slothMan1

Adding one more option to consider when following slothMan1's instructions:

You have the choice of continuing the page numbers from the previous section (even though you've chosen to not display page numbers in that section) or setting a starting number for the page numbers in the second section, and letting Pages coninue rom there.

Regards,

Barry

PS: there's also the option of numbering the first section with lower case Roman numerals, then restarting the numbers for the main (large) section and choosing to use the regular Arabic numerals there.

B.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.