You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use to have a apple phone then i got a samsung but when i tried connecting the watch to my sister iPhone it said we needed the old phone but i traded my old phone away and i cant pair it on my sisters iphone because of that.

I was wondering how could i connect a apple watch without needed the old phone, My brother got this watch when he use to have a apple phone but he got a samsung and traded his old iPhone away for a new one that he gave to me, I tried connecting it from my iPhone but it said we needed the old phone which is something we don't have.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:30 PM

Please refer to the section titled "How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone," outlined in Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

1 reply

I use to have a apple phone then i got a samsung but when i tried connecting the watch to my sister iPhone it said we needed the old phone but i traded my old phone away and i cant pair it on my sisters iphone because of that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.