Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore messages I accidentally deleted? I have always used iCloud back ups.

How can I access and restore text messages I accidentally deleted?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 4:27 AM

If messages was turned ON in Settings, your name, iCloud then no you cannot retrieve them.

If messages was turned OFF in Settings, your name, iCloud then you can restore the entire most recent backup and lose everything else since that date. Without a nightly iCloud backup that is probably not feasible but with automatic nightly iCloud backup you can retrieve yesterday's messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 4:27 AM in response to kkflowers1

If messages was turned ON in Settings, your name, iCloud then no you cannot retrieve them.

If messages was turned OFF in Settings, your name, iCloud then you can restore the entire most recent backup and lose everything else since that date. Without a nightly iCloud backup that is probably not feasible but with automatic nightly iCloud backup you can retrieve yesterday's messages.

How can I restore messages I accidentally deleted? I have always used iCloud back ups.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.