Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated contacts.

I have duplicated contacts on my iPhone from iCloud. I delete them and they come back

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 4:09 AM

Hello,

Have you checked whether you might have the contacts on multiple accounts? E.g. the Contacts App on your iPhone supports the synchronisation with multiple accounts. You can check whether that's the case in the Settings by going to: Settings > Contacts > Accounts.

If that is the case, just deactivate or delete one of these accounts.

If not, deactivate the contacts synchronisation of your iCloud account with your iPhone by going to: Settings > The first item with your name > iCloud > and then scroll down and deactivate the contacts App. Then go on to delete the contacts on your iPhone and turn on the synchronisation with iCloud again.

Let's see if the contacts are still there.

I hope that helps

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 4:09 AM in response to DuplicatedCobtactsAreSh17

Hello,

Have you checked whether you might have the contacts on multiple accounts? E.g. the Contacts App on your iPhone supports the synchronisation with multiple accounts. You can check whether that's the case in the Settings by going to: Settings > Contacts > Accounts.

If that is the case, just deactivate or delete one of these accounts.

If not, deactivate the contacts synchronisation of your iCloud account with your iPhone by going to: Settings > The first item with your name > iCloud > and then scroll down and deactivate the contacts App. Then go on to delete the contacts on your iPhone and turn on the synchronisation with iCloud again.

Let's see if the contacts are still there.

I hope that helps

Apr 7, 2022 10:18 AM in response to DuplicatedCobtactsAreSh17

Yes, it seems that way. You can download an App like Contacts+ https://apps.apple.com/us/app/contacts-address-book/id579616837 from the App Store and merge your duplicate contacts of iCloud with the App. Hence, you would have only one set of contacts on iCloud at the end.

You can do that by registering your iCloud account in the App, but remember, you need an App-specific password to register your iCloud account in Apps. You can get an App-specific password for Apple ID by visiting https://appleid.apple.com. When you have downloaded the contacts in the App, you can go to the tab 'Assistant' and then you will find all the duplicate contacts of your iCloud account and have the option to merge them.

I hope that helps.

Duplicated contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.