Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot text to android phones from my iPad

I cannot send or receive text messages from android devices on my iPad. They come in just fine on my iPhone. Does anyone know why? Do I have a blocking setting on?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:46 AM

See this link for help --> Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

5 replies

Apr 7, 2022 4:15 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I can’t speak for Lauri but she does not say this is her phone so I do not see how continuity will help. As it happens I had this exact thing happen to me starting today with an Android user I have texted a zillion times. iPad mini 5th generation WiFi, 15.4.1. I woke up and checked my message and had a pop up about logging into iMessage, in the app, never have seen before. I restarted my iPad, thought it was okay, sent an image and was prompted to turn on SMS. There is no setting for this. Installed the most recent update, prior version would have been the most recent, to see if it would fix and did not. I have continuity from other Apple users on my iPhone and iPad. I can only send and receive texts to the android user on my iphone, they do not populate on my iPad. This just started today and I never have had an issue like this previously.

Cannot text to android phones from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.