Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I look to see if the iwatch needs a software update, it just keeps spinning

When I look to see if the iwatch needs a software update, it just keeps spinning

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 11:00 AM

Again, what Series of Apple Watch are you using? The most current watchOS is 8.5.1. Also check your iPhone to make sure you have iOS 15.4.1, the latest iOS for the iPhone. I would try powering both devices off. Then turn on the iPhone and after it finishes, turn on the Apple Watch. After the Watch restarts, open the Watch app on the iPhone, then go to General>Software Update and what happens?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 11:00 AM in response to laird208

Again, what Series of Apple Watch are you using? The most current watchOS is 8.5.1. Also check your iPhone to make sure you have iOS 15.4.1, the latest iOS for the iPhone. I would try powering both devices off. Then turn on the iPhone and after it finishes, turn on the Apple Watch. After the Watch restarts, open the Watch app on the iPhone, then go to General>Software Update and what happens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.