Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are group text messages failing when an android user is part of my group message?

This recently started happening again with the latest release of iOs 15.4.1.

Send as SMS when iMessages is unavailable in "on"

MMS Messaging is "on"

Group Messaging is "on"

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance...

Russell

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 2:02 PM

There are two very different types of messages.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

It sounds like your group is a mixture of SMS and iMessage recipients, which certainly complicates the process.

See especially “If you have issues with a group message” here.

you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 2:02 PM in response to russellfromfort worth

There are two very different types of messages.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

It sounds like your group is a mixture of SMS and iMessage recipients, which certainly complicates the process.

See especially “If you have issues with a group message” here.

you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2022 9:42 AM in response to sberman

I think the main issue after looking through recent posts is that this appears to be an issue caused by the recent updates. There’s varying advice and suggestions to resolve the problem but no one is addressing this as a wide spread issue. I tried the solution you suggested and it didn’t work. I’m also seeing advice to contact my carrier because they control SMS messaging, however I’ve talked to people having the same issue who are with other carriers.

Why are group text messages failing when an android user is part of my group message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.