Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add or update payment info after card was declined

I recently had to get a new debit card after losing the old one and forgot to update my Apple ID to my new card number. I had a few subscriptions and made a couple of app purchases without realizing this, but the purchases still seemed to go through. I just got a text from my bank letting me know some purchases were declined from my old, deactivated card and so I went to update my payment information to resolve the issue.

When I go into Payment & Shipping it immediately pulls up my deactivated card and asks me to update my info since it declined, but it will only let me edit the expiration date and cvv code, not the card number. When I try to remove the card altogether, it says it can’t because there’s an active subscription that requires at least one payment on file. Even after cancelling all of my subscriptions it still gives me this message and I’m assuming it’s because there’s one payment still pending after it was initially declined off the old card.

Furthermore, it will not take me to the page where I can add new payment methods. It only pulls up the declined card to be edited which doesn’t work since I can’t change the card number. I’ve tried multiple devices now with no luck.

I can’t edit the card number, remove my old card, or add a new payment method, I’m stuck with a closed card on my account and no way to change it. I also do not have Family Sharing so that isn’t affecting the issue at all either. Is there any other way to resolve this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 3:07 PM

Try this -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can’t add or update payment info after card was declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.