Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a period after a sentence

I would like to know why all of a sudden, my iPhone 11 will not add a period at the end of a sentence when I double tap the Space bar .

It has always, now it won’t.

Is there something about the last update possibly that is making it not work?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 9:13 PM

SherrieDean Said:

"Adding a period after a sentence: I would like to know why all of a sudden, my iPhone 11 will not add a period at the end of a sentence when I double tap the Space bar . It has always, now it won’t. Is there something about the last update possibly that is making it not work?"

-------

Troubleshooting Updates:

It may be an issue with the update. I have note had this issue. So, refer to the following...

A. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to Apple. Having just recently updated your iOS, and have didn't see this issue before on your iPhone, then I would assume the update was not completely installed. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL to this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253807558
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

and...

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did you create a backup, prior to installing this update? If so, restore from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience knowing to always backup your iPhone. That way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go working with the install.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 9:13 PM in response to SherrieDean

SherrieDean Said:

"Adding a period after a sentence: I would like to know why all of a sudden, my iPhone 11 will not add a period at the end of a sentence when I double tap the Space bar . It has always, now it won’t. Is there something about the last update possibly that is making it not work?"

-------

Troubleshooting Updates:

It may be an issue with the update. I have note had this issue. So, refer to the following...

A. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to Apple. Having just recently updated your iOS, and have didn't see this issue before on your iPhone, then I would assume the update was not completely installed. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL to this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253807558
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

and...

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did you create a backup, prior to installing this update? If so, restore from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience knowing to always backup your iPhone. That way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go working with the install.

Adding a period after a sentence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.