Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload organize photos with MacBook Pro M1

I recently switched from a MacBook (2012 model) to a MacBook Pro M1 (2021 model). One problem I've encountered is that my old MacBook had a Photos tab under my favorites that I used all the time to organize and save my photos (I preferred doing it the old school way instead of using the cloud for my pics), now with my new Mac this tab no longer exists under the Favorites in the Finder tab. Is there a way to create or locate this file so I can organize my photos how I prefer or will I be stuck trying to figure out how to use the cloud photos option? Also one other issue I've encountered (if I will be stuck using the cloud for my photos) is that my new Mac is syncing with my daughter's iPhone 5S instead of my iPhone 11, is there a way to change this so my Mac will sync with my iPhone 11? Thanks for any help

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:11 AM

While in the Finder go to the Finder menu > Preferences. Click the tab Sidebar and add The Pictures folder back to the Finder sidebar items. From there you can access this folder easily.

Or are you asking about the Photos item in the Photos.app and not the Finder? There will be an All Photos tab, if the Photos window is large enough. Drag the corners of the Photos window to make it as large as possible.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 6:11 AM in response to WyoBronco

While in the Finder go to the Finder menu > Preferences. Click the tab Sidebar and add The Pictures folder back to the Finder sidebar items. From there you can access this folder easily.

Or are you asking about the Photos item in the Photos.app and not the Finder? There will be an All Photos tab, if the Photos window is large enough. Drag the corners of the Photos window to make it as large as possible.

How to upload organize photos with MacBook Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.