Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad stoped working

After updating to macOS Monterey 12.3.1 on my MacBook Air m1 2020 my trackpad stoped working can you please help me fix it

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 11:54 AM

Lampros77 wrote:

After updating to macOS Monterey 12.3.1 on my MacBook Air m1 2020 my trackpad stoped working can you please help me fix it

Your track pad stopped working, what about your pointer(?) has it stopped working as well...

If the pointer doesn't move when using the trackpad with Mac

If you can't connect your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or ...

M1 Mac try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 11:54 AM in response to Lampros77

Lampros77 wrote:

Your track pad stopped working, what about your pointer(?) has it stopped working as well...

If the pointer doesn't move when using the trackpad with Mac

If you can't connect your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or ...

M1 Mac try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Trackpad stoped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.