Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon scanner not able to communicate with Big Sur

I have Big Sur 11.6.4. on Macbook Pro and have successfully connected Canon TS3450 printer using WiFi.

The printer is working fine, however when I try to use scanner it is not recognised. Scanner is working when I connect with my phone, so there is some connection issue just between Mac and scanner.

Bellow are error messages from Canon IJ Scan Utility and Image Capture.

Any solutions? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 6:07 AM

On the Canon Europe site, whether for Catalina, or Big Sur, they explicitly state that there are no drivers for the TS3450 and that exclusive support is via Apple's built-in AirPrint. That should be sufficient to access the scanner with image capture. However, the device is not found in Apple's current AirPort list of supported devices. The last operating system that Canon shows the IJ Scan Utility Lite (v3.3.1, Nov 2021) compatible with is Catalina. That software may not have been made fully compatible with Big Sur.

Do not have any USB cable connected to the TS3450 while using it via Wi-Fi.

The optional, third-party paid VueScan Professional is compatible with the PIXMA TS3450 without any Canon or Apple software support. There is a free trial.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010 and receive zero benefits from its vendor for mentioning the product here. My Canon scanner that was abandoned by Canon prior to that 2010 date still works on macOS Big Sur and Monterey with the current VueScan Professional and a USB-A to USB-C adapter. I have never paid an upgrade fee for newer VueScan software in 12 years.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 6:07 AM in response to mal1911

On the Canon Europe site, whether for Catalina, or Big Sur, they explicitly state that there are no drivers for the TS3450 and that exclusive support is via Apple's built-in AirPrint. That should be sufficient to access the scanner with image capture. However, the device is not found in Apple's current AirPort list of supported devices. The last operating system that Canon shows the IJ Scan Utility Lite (v3.3.1, Nov 2021) compatible with is Catalina. That software may not have been made fully compatible with Big Sur.

Do not have any USB cable connected to the TS3450 while using it via Wi-Fi.

The optional, third-party paid VueScan Professional is compatible with the PIXMA TS3450 without any Canon or Apple software support. There is a free trial.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010 and receive zero benefits from its vendor for mentioning the product here. My Canon scanner that was abandoned by Canon prior to that 2010 date still works on macOS Big Sur and Monterey with the current VueScan Professional and a USB-A to USB-C adapter. I have never paid an upgrade fee for newer VueScan software in 12 years.

Canon scanner not able to communicate with Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.