Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control Problems

I have two iPads using universal control right now. One of them is iPad Pro 12.9 1st generation and the other is iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation. While using the universal control features the newer one runs smoothly but the old one often lags from time to time. I know it is very nice of Apple to bring new features to something that is 6 or 7 years old, and the 1st Gen iPad Pro is quite old in terms of hardware nowadays; but still could make the universal control on old iPads better?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 12:44 AM

I understand your frustration, but I'm afraid there is nothing to be done, sorry.

Unfortunately, you cannot change the "age" of an old iPad (as you certainly already know, 7 years is an eternity for an electronic device, no longer suitable for responding quickly to the demand for performance related to CPU / GPU / RAM).

Only the old tricks are available: keep the device with ample free storage, and frequently restart the device itself.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 12:44 AM in response to yinshuo

I understand your frustration, but I'm afraid there is nothing to be done, sorry.

Unfortunately, you cannot change the "age" of an old iPad (as you certainly already know, 7 years is an eternity for an electronic device, no longer suitable for responding quickly to the demand for performance related to CPU / GPU / RAM).

Only the old tricks are available: keep the device with ample free storage, and frequently restart the device itself.

Regards

Giulio

Universal Control Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.