Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DISK UTIL

How do i partition my hard drive, or my flash drive, or what is it that i must do in order to be able to boot up into my OS

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 6:19 PM

If you only need to reinstall.How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

For clean install.Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 15, 2022 6:09 PM in response to Cali_Colombia1213

Are you trying to create a bootable macOS USB installer, or do you mean how you prepare the main drive for performing a clean install of macOS?

If you mean how to prepare the drive which will be the destination of the full macOS installation, then how you do this depends on the version of macOS you are installing since some versions of macOS require a certain file system, while installing macOS 10.10 or earlier, requires a completely different procedure for preparing the whole physical drive. We need the exact model of the Mac which you can get by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac", or if the Mac is not booting into macOS, then enter your serial number here:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

DISK UTIL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.