Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing payment method for Family sharing?

Apple has stored an old, dead credit card number in my account for "Family sharing". I have, I think, tried everywhere to edit this so the card number is up to date, but I can find nowhere that provides an option to change the payment method associated with "Family sharing". My AppleID has all the right card numbers, but both in that pane on my desktop System Preferences and also on the relevant places in the App store the wrong number is shown for Family Sharing and is impossible to edit. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but how can I fix this?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 12:20 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 10, 2022 12:12 PM in response to Yale Linguist

Have you tried signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restarting the device, and then signing back in to see if that updates the Family Sharing credit card?

If necessary, contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

Changing payment method for Family sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.