Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch delays playing music

I have a 7th gen. iPod Touch using iOS 15.4.1 When I play music on a walk there's a delay of about 20-30 seconds. I don't keep any other apps running and its kind of annoying. Is there any way to fix this?

iPod Touch

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 10:55 AM

Hi, Drew. The delay happens when I first start playing music and when the following songs continue to play. I just bought this iPod 7th gen about 6-8 months ago so it has been happening for awhile. This is imported music from iTunes over the years (purchased music from iTunes, imported cds, purchased aac music from other artists as well).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 10:55 AM in response to Drew_7

Hi, Drew. The delay happens when I first start playing music and when the following songs continue to play. I just bought this iPod 7th gen about 6-8 months ago so it has been happening for awhile. This is imported music from iTunes over the years (purchased music from iTunes, imported cds, purchased aac music from other artists as well).

Apr 10, 2022 10:39 AM in response to mkruzel5

Hello mkruzel5,

In order to facilitate additional replies from the Community, please provide additional details about the delay you're experiencing. For example:

• Does this delay happen when starting to play music, or between every song?
  • When did this behavior begin, or did it always happen?
  • Are you using Apple Music, or imported content from Finder or iTunes?

Regards.

Apr 13, 2022 5:53 PM in response to Chris_D13

I too have the same problem after upgrading to 15. Four. One I am using an iPhone 13. I’m using the iOS music app with my own music and not using Apple Music. Toggling Wi-Fi on off makes no difference. My problem is whenever I use play next song or play previous song, there is a gap/silence from between 10-25 seconds where nothing happens and then finally the song begins to play. This is beyond annoying can you please help.

iPod Touch delays playing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.