Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using the built in app on a brand new Sony tv. When I try to buy or rent a movie it only shows a “ways to watch” button. There is no button for rent or buy? I’m logged in and can watch other Apple content just can’t rent or buy anything?

I am using the built in app on a brand new Sony tv. When I try to rent or buy a movie the only option I have is “ways to watch”. I’m logged in and can watch other Apple content just can’t rent or buy anything?

BRAVIA4KUR2,

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 11:57 PM

I’m afraid that policy changed in early April for undisclosed reasons.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 11:57 PM in response to ttino

I’m afraid that policy changed in early April for undisclosed reasons.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device.

I am using the built in app on a brand new Sony tv. When I try to buy or rent a movie it only shows a “ways to watch” button. There is no button for rent or buy? I’m logged in and can watch other Apple content just can’t rent or buy anything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.