Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

firmware password

I forgot my firmware password. Would you help me to unlock the firmware password?

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 10:13 PM

Hi,

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 9, 2022 10:28 PM in response to alexzhang588

alexzhang588 Said:

"firmware password: I forgot my firmware password. Would you help me to unlock the firmware password?"

-------

Troubleshooting Forgotten Passwords:

A. Recollection of a Password:

Look all around your room, and see what comes to mind. As I sat in my timeout room chair in the corner of my room, I looked up at mom and said to myself, "Oh yeah! I remember now!".

Based on Keywords:

1. Pet name
  2. Family name
  3. School Name
  4. Favorite place
  5. Teacher's name
  6. Shopping Store
  7. Previous Passwords

B. Keep a Hardcopy:

Take this as a learning experience, knowing that it is important to keep a handwritten, hardcopy of your password. Have her store it in a private location that only she is aware of, and only she has access to.

firmware password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.