Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replies on Forum not showing up?

Has anyone else experienced this?

It has happened to me several times over the past couple of years.

You spot a question with no replies, answer it and to your surprise there are several earlier replies staring you in the face and I'm not talking about having been posted a few minutes earlier . . . these can be hours earlier!

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 10:29 AM

I suspect that this issue does not occur to those posting from the USA.

I noticed ,Ian, that the post you made that prompted you to write this," Timeline across 2 displays", was at 12.55 am California time.

I haven't seen a notice from Apple in a long time on these forum pages saying that access will be down for a few hours over night, California time, in order for "maintenance " to be carried out.

I suspect that "maintenance" is still carried out but rather than deny access to these forums, Apple put it on pause which may mean that you do not see what is being added for an hour or 2. This will probably be between midnight and say 2 am California time , or there abouts.

This period of time equates to something like after 8 or 9 in the morning in Europe and after ,say , 6 in the evening in Australia.

So , if an Apple site is on pause/ maintenance from about midnight ,California time, for a couple of hours, then not many people in the USA will be affected or notice whilst those in Europe will notice it in their morning hours and in Australia in their evening hours.

Or am I just crazy?

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 10:29 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

I suspect that this issue does not occur to those posting from the USA.

I noticed ,Ian, that the post you made that prompted you to write this," Timeline across 2 displays", was at 12.55 am California time.

I haven't seen a notice from Apple in a long time on these forum pages saying that access will be down for a few hours over night, California time, in order for "maintenance " to be carried out.

I suspect that "maintenance" is still carried out but rather than deny access to these forums, Apple put it on pause which may mean that you do not see what is being added for an hour or 2. This will probably be between midnight and say 2 am California time , or there abouts.

This period of time equates to something like after 8 or 9 in the morning in Europe and after ,say , 6 in the evening in Australia.

So , if an Apple site is on pause/ maintenance from about midnight ,California time, for a couple of hours, then not many people in the USA will be affected or notice whilst those in Europe will notice it in their morning hours and in Australia in their evening hours.

Or am I just crazy?

Replies on Forum not showing up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.