Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new Apple MacBook Pro 14 Inch battery drains

Hi

I bought a new MacBook Pro 14 inch base model(8 Core CPU) with 16 GB Unified memory.

Its been two days, I have observed:

Battery drains really quickly from 95% to 65% in 4 hours, though battery health is normal, and cycles so far is 4. I am really concerned, is this really normal??

I use this machine for,

software programming, browsing over internet, slack and discord for communication tools, that I use.

--

Earlier, I had MacBook Air M1, it doesn't used to drain this fast.

Looking for some help from the community 🌎

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 8:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2022 11:02 AM in response to stedman1

Thanks for pointing it out. I hope someday, Apple has this custom option of upgrading batteries, just like Unified Memories.

Also after reading this, I head over to 9to5 Mac for comparison here. Here are my observations.

1. When I am browsing over safari, the drain rate is faster. It dropped from 90% to 88% in approximately, 12 mins.
  2. When I am using VSCode, with some containers running, and some backend compilers for Scala, and NextJS, as usual programming activity, the drain rate is bit slower. It stayed at 88% for ~22 mins before dropping to 86%
  3. I tried running google chrome, the drain rate was bit in between of 1 && 2.

Note, the drain rate was in consecutive integers only.

Brand new Apple MacBook Pro 14 Inch battery drains

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.