Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone trying to access my stolen phone

My phone was stolen 2 months ago and I was just alerted that someone is installing their SIM card and accessing my photos? What to do?

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 8:55 AM

Who alerted you? It sounds like a phishing scam→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams. Apple does not ever notify you of anything like that.

Do not respond to the “alert”; if you log in that will compromise your Apple ID and iCloud data, as well as allowing the current holder of the phone to remove Activation Lock.

If you did click a link in that notification and entered personal information change your Apple ID password IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 8:55 AM in response to stolen71_

Who alerted you? It sounds like a phishing scam→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams. Apple does not ever notify you of anything like that.

Do not respond to the “alert”; if you log in that will compromise your Apple ID and iCloud data, as well as allowing the current holder of the phone to remove Activation Lock.

If you did click a link in that notification and entered personal information change your Apple ID password IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Apr 11, 2022 10:32 AM in response to stolen71_

Always keep in mind that unless they knew you phone’s Passcode … even sophisticated criminals CAN’T get into your phone.

They probably DO have your mobile number (from the stolen SIM) AND they know you’re an Apple user so your number will likely continue to be a spear-phishing target. (some of which can be very convincing)

So proceed with extreme caution going forward.

Also activate 2FA on your AppleID if you’ve not done so already.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

someone trying to access my stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.