Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad will not turn on or off

my iPad is stuck on black screen and white apple logo it will not turn on or off

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 3:14 PM

No problem. Let's make absolutely certain you did the following:

Press and hold BOTH the home (round button on the front of your iPad) and the power button at the SAME time. Keep holding them for several seconds until the screen goes black and KEEP HOLDING until the Apple Logo appears, then let go of both buttons. When people try this process, they almost always don't hold the two buttons in long enough.

If this won't work for you, the next step is to schedule and appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and let Apple help you.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 3:14 PM in response to Narbhe

No problem. Let's make absolutely certain you did the following:

Press and hold BOTH the home (round button on the front of your iPad) and the power button at the SAME time. Keep holding them for several seconds until the screen goes black and KEEP HOLDING until the Apple Logo appears, then let go of both buttons. When people try this process, they almost always don't hold the two buttons in long enough.

If this won't work for you, the next step is to schedule and appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and let Apple help you.

Apr 10, 2022 5:07 PM in response to lobsterghost1

you were right might be I was not holding power and home button long enough it worked this time and iPad is restored.same thing happened last week it worked for a day and stopped again hope this time it stays working.

I cannot thank you enough.you made a grandfather of 83 very happy

thank you thank you thank you many many times

my iPad will not turn on or off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.