Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone remote no longer finding apple tv

The Remote app on my iPhone 8 is no longer working (can’t find it) since the iOS 5.4.1 update.

My 4K apple tvOS is 15.3 (19K547)

Ideas?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 12:13 PM

GaryReginald wrote:

The Remote app on my iPhone 8 is no longer working (can’t find it) since the iOS 5.4.1 update.

Ideas?

The recent iOS and tvOS updates haven't broken the iOS Remote function for me. I suggest you update your ATV4K to the same 15.4.1 current version. Also restart your WiFi router and iPhone. Finally, check out this recommended reading if the update & reboot stuff effort doesn't sort this out: Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 12:13 PM in response to GaryReginald

GaryReginald wrote:

Ideas?

The recent iOS and tvOS updates haven't broken the iOS Remote function for me. I suggest you update your ATV4K to the same 15.4.1 current version. Also restart your WiFi router and iPhone. Finally, check out this recommended reading if the update & reboot stuff effort doesn't sort this out: Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

IPhone remote no longer finding apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.